Friends of Christ’s College Bingo Night – Thursday 22nd March. Click here for more details
Membership of Friend’s of Christ’s College (FCC) is automatically extended to the parents and guardians of all learners and continues whilst they remain at the College.
FCC Aims are:-
- to encourage a community spirit within the College by involving parents in college activities
- to organise events which enable parents to meet each other
- to raise funds which provide sponsorship for equipment and projetcs for the benefit of learners
- to work together with the College, to provide support at various events throughout thr year
What do we do?
Apart from providing staffing for the refreshments at College events, our aim is to arrange social and fundraising events throughout the year. The Michaelmas term offers a Coffee Morning and a Christmas Fair. During the Lent term is one of Christ’s College’s most popular events; the Quiz Night. This is open to all parents and learners and is traditionally a great night for everyone.
If you have any suggestions of events you would like to see in the calendar then please contact us.
What have we funded?
- House point incentive scheme
- Humanities Department – Contributed to the Year 8 visit to Ypres to commemorate the centenary of he first battle of WWI
- Camping Equipment for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme
- Benches for the Sixth Form
- Pastoral programme on safe use of social media and the internet
How can you help?
- Join the FCC commitee. We meet once a month usually on a Wednesday at 6.45pm at the College
- Join our helpers list to assist with the refreshments at college events, such as the College production, summer arts festival, target setting day
- Offer to help with the organisation of our larger fundraising events; Christmas Fair and the Quiz Night
- help with second hand uniform sales
- Come along to one of our events